Purpose of Assignment: In order to evaluate the current nature of American social welfare in the time of national challenges, it is important to know how people can access resources. Providing resources to those with limited means can be considered a social justice issue that can be addressed by social workers.
Directions: You will have an opportunity to review agencies that are meeting the needs of any given population. You will play the role of a social worker seeking to advocate for clients for benefits from a social welfare program, agency, or organization. This will entail doing research on the program/agency, as well as speaking to someone from that agency.
Reporting on the Activity: The purpose of this research activity is not just to find the information you are interested in knowing in the easiest way possible, but to put yourself in the position of someone realistically seeking to access benefits and how you would advocate as a social worker. Hence you will want to clearly and realistically describe your agency in a 3-4 page paper.Your final written report should include the following elements:
an intro and conclusion and reference page as well
1. Your understanding of the program/agency, including vision and mission (at least 1/2 page)
2. Analysis/Evaluation of the program. How is social and economic justice, as well as the advocacy for human rights, shown or not shown in this agency? What is their response to serving people? Do they serve everybody regardless of status? Is it faith based, or non-faith based? If faith based, what kind of spiritual care do they provide? 1/2 to 1 page)
3. How easy or difficult was it for you to find out where and how to access the potential benefits provided by the program, agency, or organization you researched? Was the website clear? If you were a client looking for services or a social worker trying to advocate, do you feel you would have enough information? (1/2 to 1 page)
4. Call and interview one person from the organization. Please note the name of the person and their position. Ask them what they are doing to address the needs of individuals and families? How many people do they serve? What are the criteria for being served? Are any policies being changed considering corona-virus? How has this national emergency affected agency funding and delivery? (1/2 to 1 page
5. Any other thoughts or reactions pertaining to your research, i.e. ah ha moments, reflective experiences/reactions, etc. What changes would you make to this agency, if any? (1/2 page
6. Quality of Writing/APA format followed: Demonstrate basic understanding and grammar/mechanics. No major spelling or grammar errors. APA followed.
Logistics of Assignment:
Please follow APA guidelines when formatting this essay, including a title page and correct page and title formatting.
The content portion of your essay should be 3-4 pages in length, not including cover page or agency/organization forms or evaluation form attached.
Please review for grammatical errors prior to submitting.
List of Possible agencies for paper: IN Tulare CA, Visalia Ca, Fresno Ca
Public Assistance Programs
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
Social Services Programs
Child Protective Services
Voluntary Sector Activities
Centro La Familia
Majorie Mason Center
Central Valley Regional Center
Community Food Bank
Home-Instead Senior Care
Fresno Rescue Mission
Fresno Habitat for Humanity
Central California Legal Services
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.