For this paper, you will need to rely extensively on your text. I suggest you read it carefully. For further insight, you can look into the following authors and their respective contributions to the study of rhetoric (as highlighted in the chapter):
• Kenneth Burke……………… Rhetoric as Symbolic Action
• Lloyd Bitzer………………………… Rhetoric as Situational
• Mikhail Bakhtin and Wayne Booth…. Rhetoric as Narration
• Carole Blair and Lester Olson………… Rhetoric as Display
Choose a narrative:
• Short story
Recalling the functions of rhetoric, discuss how rhetoric functions in the narrative. Here are some questions you may want to consider in your analysis:
• Did the creator (i.e. author) of the narrative have an intent other than to entertain?
• Did the choice of narrative “type” (i.e. a poem vs. a movie) play a role in the function of rhetoric in the narrative?
• Is the narrative used to “bring together individuals separated from one another by alienation and competition” ?
• Does Burke’s concept of identification play a role?
• Is there extensive use of symbolism in the narrative?
• Can the narrative be analyzed in terms of Burke’s dramatistic pentad?
• Is there form (i.e. syllogistic, qualitative, conventional) in the narrative?
• How did the situation (per Bitzer) play a role in the rhetoric of the narrative? Consider exigence, audience, contstraints, response.
• What role does language (per Bakhtin) play in the rhetoric of the narrative?
• Is the creator’s (i.e. author’s) voice (per Bakhtin and Booth) evident in the narrative?
• What role do images (“The Rhetoric of Display”) have in the rhetoric of the narrative?
Note that these questions are not meant to be answered in your paper. They are rhetorical!…meant to make you think on the topic.
Please be sure to draw on direct examples from the narrative in support of your points.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.