Write a paper that makes an argument about the historical/cultural significance of a fairy tale movie/fairy tale movies. Examine how the movie/movies use the fairy tale material (plot, characters, themes, etc.) critically and creatively to reveal the discourses of gender, race, class and/or sexuality. You may choose any fairy tale movie(s) you are interested in including the movies discussed in class. You may take one of the following two directions:
1. Analyze a fairy tale movie focusing on its representation of the traditional fairy tale elements. What kind of fairy tale elements are employed? In what ways and to what effect? What elements are retained, altered, and/or questioned? What do such decisions to retain, alter, and/or question mean regarding the issues of gender, race, class and/or sexuality?
2. Compare two or more fairy tale movies based on the perspectives and views they express, how they address or deal with common themes, represent characters, construct narratives, and address issues of gender, race and class. You need to analyze the movies to investigate the historical and cultural layers of meaning and thematic similarities and differences. Focus on a character, theme, motif, imagery, sensibility, etc. in determining the major point of comparison.
– Support your analysis using evidence from the movie(s).
– Consider the historical and cultural contexts for the movie(s).
– Use at least one of the theoretical articles discussed in class (Sanders and/or Zipes) as a frame of reference.
– Discuss at least two professional and/or scholarly analyses of the movies to explain how your analysis fits in with the larger conversation on the movies.
Your audience is your instructor, classmates and general college level readers.
Your purpose is to explain the different views on the fairy tale tradition and the issues of gender, class, race and/or sexuality offered by the fairy tale movie(s) with due consideration of the various social, cultural and historical contexts in order to help the readers understand the meaning of the fairy tale movie(s) from a fresh perspective.
– In the introduction, clearly identify the movie(s) to be discussed by the full creator name(s) and the full title (Italicized); provide a brief overview of the movie(s).
– Clearly state your thesis making a significant claim about 1) the movie’s relation to the tradition of the fairy tale movies and the discourses of gender, race, class and/or sexuality; or 2) the similarities and differences of the movies in terms of their perspectives on the issues of gender, race, class and/or sexuality.
– In the body, present a well-reasoned argument supported with evidence from the movie(s) (detailed descriptions of particular scenes), critical discussion of scholarly sources, theoretical references (Julie Sanders, Jack Zipes) and historical/cultural research (newspaper articles, autobiographical materials, interviews, contemporary reviews, etc.).
– In the conclusion, tie the discussion back to the thesis and assert the significance of your work for the larger conversation on fairy tale adaptations.
– Carefully document your sources whenever you summarize, quote or paraphrase.
– Provide a separate Works Cited page.
– Format the paper in MLA style.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.