For your final project, you are asked to create a holiday. As we have studied holidays, we know that there are cultural assumptions and societal values attached to almost every ritual, tradition, food dish, and rite of passage in a given holiday. Your job will be to reverse engineer a holiday based upon the values you hope to teach society.
Consider the following questions:
1) What are the values or assumptions that you seek to promote? What do you hope society will learn from your holiday/festival/rite?
2) What is your artifact/event? What symbols will you use to express your ideas or the norms/mores/values
3) What are the assumptions about humanity that your festival/holiday/rite celebrates or promotes? Are there values that you seek to suppress or subvert with your creation?
4) Why is your creation a good thing for our culture? What do you hope Dearbornites/Michiganders/Americans gain from your creation?
This is not an exhaustive list…only a start. A good outline of such a project might look like this:
1) An introduction that gets the reader interested in reading on and explains the overarching vision of my holiday.
2) An explanation of what assumptions my holiday is based on and what values it hopes to teach.
3) An explanation of how my holiday is going to teach those lessons. I could explain a typical day, describe a ritual, or present another artifact of the holiday.
4) An explanation of the importance of learning such things and why humanity would benefit from such a holiday.
5) Various connections to other holidays or practices
6) A conclusion that wraps up the entire essay and gives the reader a sense of closure
Please review the rubric so you know what is expected.
Rubric: 5 criteria • 50 pts
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.