1. Describe the scene where Elmer and Miss Bea try to get Delilah to sign the papers to incorporate the pancake business.
2. Describe how the film expresses the idea that a woman can’t be a good business womanand have a romantic relationship and be a good mother all at the same time.
3. What do you think the director John Stahl intended to convey by having Jessie’s last words be “I want my quack, quack”? What other scene does that recall?
4. Recall Delilah’s reaction in the scene where Peola is upset because Jessie called her “black.” How does Miss Bea react? How do the adults’ reactions inform Peola’s and Jessie’s ideas about race? What feelings about race does Delilah express in the film and pass on to her daughter Peola?
5. What hope do you think Pauline Breedlove might have for her unborn baby when she names her after Peola in the movie? What attitudes towards race might Pauline Breedlove have passed on to her unborn daughter Pecola by giving her that name from the film?
6. How do Miss Bea and Delilah function as independent women? Notice how they are almost like a typical heterosexual married couple in the film. Give examples of why I might say that.
7. What is the moral value the film expresses? (Remember the use of values in essays, such as “killing is bad”? What might the value ne in this film?)
8. How does the plot change once Stephen Archer comes on the scene? Why doesn’t Delilah get a love interest? Notice that Delilah dreams of a funeral the way young girls usually dream of weddings. Hers is the ultimate sacrifice for her daughter. By dying, she allows her daughter to “pass” forevermore.
9. Describe what happens in the scene in The Littlest Rebel when Shirley Temple hides in the closet.
10. How does the Yankee soldier treat Shirley Temple differently after she comes out of the closet? Why? Give one example of how black and white children are treated differently in the film The Littlest Rebel.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.