Prepare a business report for a hypothetical shipping importer or exporter that critically discusses the essential documents from the standpoint of a trading company shipping goods by sea.
• The purpose of the assignment is to apply the Trade Law taught in the module to export or import scenarios of your choosing so that you can demonstrate how Trade Law works in practice rather than just theory.
• The export (or import) scenario is entirely up to you; perhaps it is a trading activity you would like to do after graduation involving trade between your home country and a country in another region of the world. Whichever scenario you choose, it will involve two specific countries, and importer and exporter and a specific product being shipped. For these you will investigate specific options regarding carriers, banks and insurance companies. Your scenario must involve shipping by sea (not by air) and it must not be solely within the EU. In general, it should be between continents.
• The module sessions will show the key documents, laws and regulations that are relevant for the assignment. In particular, the ‘key documents’ are the documents that will come up in any trading scenario. There are also ‘checklists’ that a trader should follow to achieve success in shipping, getting paid, mitigating risk, and dealing with disputes should they arise. That being said, do not concern yourself with government documents such as customs forms or import licences.
• The paper should follow this checklist approach for your specific scenario. It should be a business report showing that you have investigated the options for your trading scenario and analysed them in the context of the module. As with all business reports, you should recommend specific options and choices based on your scenario, assumptions and the evidence that you provide.
• Examples of how to research shipping options will be covered during the module: You should ‘shop around’ with different carriers and you should get different ‘quotes’ and contracts from them. Is one carrier option better than another in terms of applicable law, dispute resolution or insurance terms? Another example would be to research financial institutions who deal with Letters of Credit and insurance for the countries involved—how should you choose one over another? Your recommendations should reflect and analyse the trade-offs involved and justify your choices with solid arguments.
• Although there is more focus on the application of the law taught in the module to specific business scenarios, the laws themselves should not be ignored, so citing specific laws and/or cases to illustrate your points is important.
• The 2500 word limit (+/- 10%) does not include the references or appendices
This assignment is basically acting as a procurement manager of a company whose task is to provide shipping options for a product to his/her employer following all required steps and at the end given a recommendation
• Shipping Scenario by sea in a container, preferred destination is China – Nigeria. Eg. A Procurement manager in Nigeria sourcing for a product in China
• Identify the product (Volume, Weight and Quantity), include picture of the product, preferred product is Facing Bricks
• Product Sourcing, include quote from at least 4 suppliers, it will also be important to state the reason why the product is being sourced from that region, it could be pricing or quality. Proforma invoices can be included as an appendix
• Picture of container, size and dimension to be included
• Use of tables and graphs to present Data/Information
• Shipping options – FOB or CIF
• Atleast 5 quotes from Carriers (Shipping Company)
• Key documents are Bill of Lading, Drafts or Bills of Exchange, International Sales contracts, Insurance Documents, Letter of Credit
• The terms and conditions, binding laws and jurisdiction on the Bill of Lading must be one of the laws taught in the module (Common Law and Hague Visby Rules) which will serve as a guide to applying the trade laws and address dispute resolution in the report
• Recommendation should include choice of carrier and why
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.