You are to write a research paper of between 2000-2500 words (not including citations, bibliography or images) on one of the two topics listed below. (pick only one) These are broad topics and you will need to find a narrow focus within them. Your paper should have at least five (5) academic references- a min of 2 ebooks, 2 academic journals and 1 website. You can exceed this. Your textbook is not allowed as one of the 5 sources. Sources such as Wikipedia, Brittania, Encarta, or any other online dictionaries or other very short non-academic Internet entries like artsy, artstory, youtube, videos are NOT allowed. You have access to online academic journals through the University of Manitoba library system. This is the best place for you to begin your search on your chosen topic. JSTOR is one online example through the UofM library system that has a lot of resources that may be helpful as you research. Your paper should be submitted through UMLearn in the corresponding Assignment Folder.
1. You must use a standard letter size page in portrait view (21.59cm x 27.94cm / 8” x 11”).
2. You must use either 1.5 or double spacing.
3. You must use Times New Roman font, size 12.
4. You must use 3cm margins on all edges.
5. You may indicate a paragraph change by either a line space or by indenting, BUT you must be consistent.
6. Your paper is to be free of spelling and grammatical errors. You may use either English or American spelling, again you must be consistent.
7. Cite dates as follows: 1832-1836; 15 July 1836; the fifteenth-century; c. 1500; fifteenth-century houses.
8. Place quotations within double inverted commas; quotations within quotations in single inverted commas. Quotations more than 6 lines long should start on the next line and use a single-spaced block quote format.
9. Italicize the titles of books, journals, works of art, buildings, and theses. Do not underline them.
10. You are to use the Chicago Style 17th edition, footnotes/bibliography for referencing the sources of your information.
11. Your paper is to be submitted in either .doc, .docx, or PDF format only
12. Images are to be included at the back of your essay in an image appendix
13. a title page should start your essay and your bibliography should finish it.
TOPICS- Choose One:
The Role of the Public Commemorative Monument (select specific works, or works within one unit)
Material Objects, what stories do they tell us? (pick only one historical time/culture from your units, like, Africa until the 1600’s) You could get even more specific and chose Benin, for example.
Grading Rubric for Written Papers:
Regarding the quality of the paper:
1. Does the paper have a clearly formulated thesis?
2. Is it written in formal, academic language appropriate to the subject?
3. Are the citations appropriate/overused or underused?
4. Is there evidence of original thought?
5. Is this a work of such high standard that even with some editing, it could be published in a professional journal?
Thus, papers will be graded to the following rubric:
A+ Excellent work; clear, flawless, engagingly written, well organized, logical, and demonstrating a clear command of the topic and showing original insights in the interpretation. The work exceeds all the minimum requirements of the assignment and shows a sophisticated thesis that is well supported by evidence. Demonstrates the ability to critically analyze and/or synthesize issues and problems. There is clear evidence of advanced research. There are virtually no problems with writing style, grammar or spelling. In other words, it is impeccable in every measure or expectation.
A Exhibits almost all of the characteristics of the A+ paper but with some minor flaws in argument.
B+ The work is very good. It is well written and organized. It meets and often exceeds the minimum requirements of the assignment with frequent flashes of original thought. There is evidence of an advanced understanding of the material and evidence of attempts to critically analyze and/or synthesize issues and problems. There is clear evidence of advanced research. There are very few problems with writing style, grammar or spelling.
B Exhibits almost all of the characteristics of the B+ paper but has slight problems with the understanding of the issues and problems.
C+ The work is acceptable. It is generally clear and easy to read and meets and sometimes exceeds all of the minimum requirements of the assignment. There is evidence of a basic if unambitious or underdeveloped understanding of the material with limited analysis. There is clear evidence of basic research and/or analytical skills but there are some problems with the writing style, grammar or spelling that exceed those for the B+ to B range.
C The work is acceptable but has slight issues with clarity. It is not always easy to read but meets or sometimes exceeds the minimum requirements of the assignment. There is slightly less of an understanding of the material and there are attempts at analysis. There is clear evidence of basic research skills.
D The work is marginal. It meets only the minimum requirements of the assignment. There is evidence of only a simplistic understanding of the material. There is limited evidence of research and/or analytical skills. There are significant problems with writing style, grammar, or spelling.
F The work is unsatisfactory. It does not meet the minimum requirements of the assignment and it fails to grasp even the most basic of concepts.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.