LAWS 2302 T—Criminal Law
Course Assignment: Case analysis review
Submission date: June 11th, 2020
Percentage of grade: 20%
Each student will be required to complete an assignment that reflects their knowledge and
understanding of the Canadian Criminal Justice System (CCJS). The transcripts provided as part of this assignment are an excerpt from a preliminary inquiry hearing. Each student will be required to review, analyze and report their findings in completing this assignment.
1) Students must thoroughly review the transcripts that have been provided.
2) Students must identify the following:
• The legal issues that the judge must decide upon
• The type of case
• The applicable legislation(s)
• The section(s) of the applicable legislation that relates to the offence(s)
• The weaknesses in the Crown’s case
• All potential defences available to the accused
• The anticipated outcomes and why
* It may help you to review Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 12 of the “Criminal Law” textbook.
3) Completed assignments should be between 7-10 pages in length, double-spaced.
4) The assignments will be evaluated for style, organization, spelling, and grammar in addition to
content and legal analysis. Please proof-read your assignment before submitting it.
5) Be sure to include a cover page for your assignment. The cover page should indicate: your name,
student number, name of the assignment, the name of the professor, the class name and section
number (LAWS 2302T). You should also include the due date on the cover page.
6) Please complete a bibliography for any outside information that you use in accordance with the
Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation. Any student caught plagiarizing will receive an
automatic Fail on the assignment and may be subject to additional sanctions.
Assignments will be marked out of 100.
Content – 40 marks
Legal Analysis – 40 marks
Presentation (structure, flow, spelling, grammar) – 20 marks
The assignments are to be submitted via CuLearn on or prior to June 11th at 5:30pm. There will be a
10% deduction for each day the assignment is late.
Case analysis Review Marking Guide
Requirements Comments Mark
• The applicable legislation(s) (5 marks)
• The type of case/s (3 marks)
• The applicable sections of the legislation(s) (7 marks)
• The legal issues to be decided (5 marks)
• The applicable defences (5 marks)
• The strength of Crown’s case (5 marks)
• The anticipated outcomes (10 marks)
• Does the paper advance an argument/position?
• Does the paper have a coherent argument?
• Is the argument sufficiently explained?
• Is the argument sufficiently supported?
• Are the facts of the case applied?
• Is the evidence well-linked to the argument?
• Is the appropriate legal terminology used?
Structure and Style:
• Does the paper have a clear introduction?
• Does the paper have a logical flow?
• Is the paper clear and concise?
• Does the paper avoid spelling and grammar mistakes?
• Is the writing understandable?
• Is the language used in the paper appropriate?
• Does the paper include the proper legal terms
Please take a look at the uploaded files. Everything you need like the transcript for this assignment will be there. Citations must be with in accordance with the Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.