Previous research indicates that self-confidence programs can enhance the self-confidence of adolescent boys. A researcher was interested in testing the effectiveness of such programs and how much training was needed to enhance self-confidence. She tested this by recruiting 340 grade 10 boys from a selection of Brisbane Schools. She randomly allocated the boys into one of the four groups. The groups were exposed to self-confidence programs of different durations (2hr program, 8hr program 20 hr program or a 40 hr program). She measured self-confidence at the beginning of the program and again 1 week after the completion of the program and recorded the percentage of change in the boys self-rated self-confidence. The researcher also had a series of three a-priori contrasts she wanted to explore: 8hrs vs 2hrs, 20hrs vs 2hrs and final 40hrs vs 2hrs. An SPSS output file containing the analyses the researcher performed is located on the Assessment page in Blackboard.
Your job in this assignment task is to produce an APA formatted lab report (title page, results, discussion, references (if used), appendix (if used)). Please note that an abstract, introduction and methods are not required for this assignment, just a results section and discussion. If you have used references in your results section, please include an APA formatted reference list; no references are required in the discussion section.
(1) Formulate hypotheses based on the information given above, that use analyses covered in the learning materials. You will have to present an overall omnibus hypothesis, as well as appropriately phrased hypotheses suitable for the three a priori contrasts mentioned above. Although hypotheses are generally presented in an introduction, you do not need an introduction in this assessment – simply present your hypotheses as an opening introductory paragraph to your results.
(2) Use the SPSS output provided in order to fully test the hypotheses and explain the data. Note we are looking for the correct selection of statistics from the output file. There is some redundant information presented in your output file so it’s up to you to decide what is relevant.
(3) Write a correctly formatted Results section presenting all relevant aspects of this analysis. The results section should include: 1) your hypotheses 2) descriptive data, 3) assumption testing and 4) inferential statistics including effect size measures. Please justify the decisions you have made in terms of the results you have chosen to report. You will need to manually calculate your effect size measures using key statistics in the SPSS output file.
(4) When presenting/interpreting your descriptive data, you MUST have a table that shows the effect of duration on self-confidence in appropriate APA. This part of the assignment is designed to let you acquire skills in making tables manually and inserting appropriate data from SPSS. DO NOT copy tables directly from the output file – your table must meet APA standards.
(5) Write a few opening paragraphs, like you would include at the beginning of the Discussion Section, summarizing 1) if your hypotheses were supported or not, 2) general description of the results including summary of what was significant and the size of the effects and 3) limitations and future recommendations. No references required for this section.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.