PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ASSIGNMENT (20%)
This assignment relates to the following Course Learning Requirements:
1. Apply knowledge of clinical standards and practice guidelines as appropriate to both hypothetical and real situations
2. Demonstrate knowledge of relevant federal and provincial legislation
3. Practice self-evaluation of knowledge and skills and identify areas for professional development
Objective of this Assignment: To develop a resume and cover letter that highlight key areas in response to a job posting as well as to determine current areas of strengths and competencies in addition to areas that require development.
In this learning activity, you will submit a cover letter and resume in response to a mock job advertisement. In the second component of the assignment, you will reflect on your skills and prepare a professional development plan that identifies your strengths, areas for development, and a plan for how to develop the skills you need to acquire.
Part One – Job Application
1. Read the job posting and prepare a cover letter and resume that you would submit as application to the job. Ensure you have taken into account all the information in the posting and reflect the requirements in your application.
2. Cover letter guidelines:
a. Ensure you are following proper letter writing format with addresses and dates at the top of the letter, and a proper salutation at the beginning and end of the letter.
b. Be sure to reference the position you are applying for in an introductory paragraph.
c. In the body of the letter, highlight your skills and education that align with the qualifications of the job posting. Basically, in short, tell them why you are the right person for the job.
d. In a summary paragraph, ensure that you provide your contact information and show some enthusiasm about the opportunity.
e. Reference the cover letter tips sheet on [insert own learning management system] to help you in writing a good cover letter.
3. Resume Guidelines:
a. You may follow either a chronological or functional resume layout.
b. Include at a minimum the following sections: Contact information (at the top), Objective, Experience (separate paid from unpaid), Education, at least one other section (i.e. Associations, Volunteer Experience, Conferences, etc.)
c. When listing your experiences and education etc. always list the most recent activity first
d. Use a consistent style and formatting throughout
e. Ensure an easy to follow, readable, attractive resume with clear headings and a format that keeps the information organized for the reader… remember, this is your first opportunity to make a great impression!
Part Two – Professional Development Plan
Identify Strengths: Think about specific courses, skills, articles, projects, poster presentations, conferences, programs you have written, or other experiences that are important to you and demonstrate skills you have already acquired. Write a maximum of two paragraphs describing at least three experiences you have had and explain how each of these experiences support your knowledge and competencies in the field.
Identify areas for development: Secondly, include a maximum of two paragraphs that describe skills that you would like to acquire, and how you are going to acquire these skills (i.e. online courses, education, experience, volunteer, personal goals, workshops).
Position: Instructor Therapist
Competition #: IT-3013
As an Instructor Therapist, you will be implementing intensive behaviour intervention (IBI), based on the principles of applied behaviour analysis (ABA). You will be required to work with individuals with autism between the ages of 3-18 years of age, either one- on- one or in a group setting. You will be responsible for delivering direct service, preparing teaching materials, monitoring the learner’s progress through data collection, participating in treatment planning, attending weekly team meetings, and liaising with parents. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills Required
• Knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis and Autism Spectrum Disorders
• Experience working with young children who have been diagnosed with Autism; Autism Spectrum Disorder; Pervasive Developmental Disorder
• One to two years of IBI experience would be an asset
• A College Diploma or University Degree related to Behavioural Science, Psychology, or Early Childhood Development. Autism & Behavioural Science Post Graduate Certificate preferred.
• Candidate must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, a vehicle and be willing to travel throughout the agency catchment area
• Candidates must be willing to participate in and successfully complete a comprehensive training program
• Proven attendance record
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job
• Demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Present information (both written and oral) sensitively and effectively
• Ability to collaborate with Supervising Therapists regarding programming and child’s progress
• Organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting work environment
• Sensitivity to and capacity for working within a wide range of family settings and dynamics
• Fluency in French is considered an asset
Candidates may submit a job application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your cover letter. We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.