Find 5 published, academic sources on some topic related to Nevada politics. The articles do not need to be exclusively about Nevada politics, but it should contain important information about Nevada. Here are some examples of topics that might be related to Nevada politics.
Potential Topics (but you can choose topics not listed).
1. Part-time state legislature/Non-professional state legislature. Our state legislature is in session 120 days every other year. Can’t get a lot done or respond to emergencies (i.e. the housing collapse in 2008). Can’t put a check on the other branches.
2. Nevada state law allows prostitution in all but the two largest counties. Some think allowing prostitution is a bad idea, some believe that if it was legal everywhere then those forced into that industry would have more protections.
3. The NV constitution bans any taxes on income (state income tax) and places strict limits on taxes on mining. That limits funds/resources for things we might want or need (e.g. better funding for education).
4. We have term-limits for our local and state officials. This helps increase turnover in our political system; however, just as a representative is getting good at their job we fire them.
5. The Nevada constitution allows the voters to vote directly on laws via the ballot measure (direct democracy). There has been a lot written about how this mechanism has been subverted by special interests and/or can produce bad laws because voters don’t always know what they are voting for.
6. In Nevada we elect judges through non-partisan elections. Many have said this is the worst way to select judges. Most people don’t know who is running and they don’t know how to evaluate the quality of a judge. It also makes judges “run” for election and therefore must raise money (campaign contributions) which could cause conflicts of interests. Many recommended appointing judges (via the Governor or a commission) and having a retention election (voters decide if the person keeps their job).
Assignment: Find 5 published academic works (published, peer-reviewed, academic journal articles) related to Nevada politics. They do not have to be exclusively about Nevada, but the source must contain a substantial amount of information about Nevada. For each source create a 150 word annotation that includes the complete APSA citation (see pdf on Canvas) [I also accept APA citation style], a description of the purpose or research question of the study, any discussion of a theory and/or hypothesis, key findings and conclusions, and any recommendations made by the study, and how the article relates to Nevada politics.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.