Guidelines are in Blackboard folder “Research paper”. The paper must be between 6-8 (cover & references pages do not count) original work, computer-typed and double-spaced on font 12 letter size paper, Chicago or MLA style with no less than five references. The student must select a topic from the list suggested in the guidelines and produce the paper using primary sources (newspapers, interviews, reports, etc.) and secondary sources (books, journal articles, visual media, etcetera). Maximum secondary sources are 3. The main textbook should be used as background reading.
Puerto Rican History to 1897
Research Paper guidelines
1. Select a topic that addresses any of the subtopics in the syllabus.
2. Formulate a question(s) that is going to set the framework of your paper
3. Conduct a preliminary research on sources about your topic. You must use at least
three sources and a maximum of five. The sources should include primary and secondary sources. Primary sources include: interviews, documents, official/government reports, documentaries, films, organization publications, newspapers, and etcetera. Secondary sources include: books, scholarly journals, and other printed documents. NOTE: Internet sources are not acceptable unless it is a reputable website such as an archival record or digital document. For example, many documents on Puerto Rican politics are available online. Be aware
of citing these sources properly, providing in the bibliography page website and date of access. DO NOT USE “Wikipedia” (only article “History of Puerto Rico”)
4. Once you select your research topic write a research statement (see item 2) and an
outline. The outline is a “blueprint” of how you are going to develop your paper.
A complete research paper should include a title, an introduction, body of work/analysis, a conclusion and a bibliography. The format of the bibliography must be consistent and follow the guidelines of the MLA or Social Science standards (See MLA citation on Blackboard).
5. Your narrative must be clear and you must substantiate your arguments by integrating the sources available on the topic. Your sources must be acknowledged within your narrative by using either footnotes or parenthetical citation.
6. Research methods and sources: You must begin your research online using the Hunter University library and the Centro for Puerto Rican Studies library collection.
7. Students are going to present outline, research question and preliminary bibliography on May 2 and 9.
8. The paper must be between 7-8 pages (cover & references pages do not count) original work, computer-typed and double-spaced on font 12 letter size paper, Chicago or MLA style with no less than five references.
10. Due date in person: April 10 (submission of research paper)
Biography:(you can work on a person that contributed to the evolution of Puerto Rican historyand Culture). For example, Ramón E. Betances, Mariana Bracetti, Segundo RuizBelvis, Eugenio María de Hostos, Ramón Power y Giralt,Lola Rodriguez deTió, etcetera.
Colonial Inequalitiesand Survival: Cadiz Constitutions,Culture:plastic Arts (Francisco Oller or Campeche) or Literature
Political or cultural Resistance: the Lares Rebellion (Grito de Lares), Quest for Autonomy
Slavery: Plantation sugar economy, slavery, abolitionism,etcetera
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.