ESSAY ASSIGNMENT 04—
RESEARCH ARGUMENT/POSITION ESSAY
For this assignment you will be writing an essay based on some aspect of technology. ReMix examines a number of assumptions and aspects related to the topic of technology, and you will need to have done the assigned readings in order to choose your topic on this theme. The rhetorical method or mode you will work with for this essay will be a position/argument, which will be supported by research. Keep in mind that the overall thesis or position you are arguing for must be clear. The goal in this paper is to present your position on your topic and then support this thesis (position) with your supporting reasons (points) and other evidence or facts. You want your reader to see your position as valid and worth consideration through your use of clear reasons and support for your argument
STEP 1: Choose a Topic:
Choose ONE of the following topics to write your essay:
1. Research the smart technology of RFID (radio frequency identification) labels or tags and some of their uses. Then analyze how this technology is currently shaping (or will shape) or reorganize one aspect of everyday life. You should take a position on whether the changes this technology does or will bring to that part of our lives is beneficial or detrimental. See pages 471-72 of your ReMix book for further information and prewriting questions for this topic.
2. What do you think the limits, if any, should be on the use of technology for human genetic enhancement or engineering? You should view the PBS episode, Pandora’s Box, on James Watson, one of the discoverers of DNA’s structure, and his views on genetic engineering to begin your investigation of this issue. Here are some other views on the issue as well to help get you started thinking about the issue: “It’s Time to Question Bioengineering,” (Links to an external site.) “We Can Reprogram Life: How to Do It Wisely.” (Links to an external site.)
Pandora’s Box (Links to an external site.)
3. How is technology impacting young children? For this topic, define an issue/problem that involves how technology is impacting young children (i.e. ages 0-11 years old) and argue for solutions to the problem. You may want to begin by reviewing the article “Children, Wired–For Better or For Worse.” (Links to an external site.) You may also want to view the TED Talk “The Nightmare videos of of Children’s YouTube” (Links to an external site.) for some ideas as well.
4. What are the impacts of facial recognition technology? Review the TED Talk page “The Future of Facial Recognition: Seven Fascinating Facts (Links to an external site.),” which briefly discusses the ways facial recognition technology is being used and may be used in the future. It is also helpful to review the TED Talk, “What Will A Future Without Secrets Look Like? (Links to an external site.)” when considering this topic.
5. You may come up with an argument topic of your own that will allow you to include research sources. However, it must relate to the topic of technology and the assumptions this unit examines, and more importantly—I must approve the topic before the essay is turned in.
STEP 2: Finding Research sources:
Once you have decided on a topic you need to go find some information on it since this paper involves finding some research sources. Where can you find information? Well, obviously the library and any of the information the college library databases have is a good choice, but you can also use Internet information or do some personal interviewing of people who are knowledgeable on your topic (e.g. professors, coworkers, etc…)
Some rules on the research:
1. Find ten (10) sources/articles total for your Annotated Bibliography. They can include, but are not limited to:
Journal, newspaper, or magazine articles. (You may use articles you have found in the library databases if the electronic format is more convenient for you.)
Information from library databases (Links to an external site.)
2. You must have at least two (2) different types of sources/articles total. For example, one (1) article from a newspaper and two book sources.
3. You many use any information from the sources below; however, any information from these sources will not count as one of your four required sources:
Encyclopedias (this includes computer ones).
1. The completed essay must be a minimum must be a minimum of 8-10 pages (2000-2500 words) typed and doublespaced in MLA format and include a minimum of five (5) research sources. (You need to find ten (10) research sources total for the Annotated Bibliography and then at least five (5) of those sources you evaluated need to be incorporated into your actual rough draft.)
2. The paper must be typed, double-spaced, and in MLA format, which includes all citation of your research sources both in the text of the essay and on the Works Cited page.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.