For this assignment you need to view Chris Cuomo’s show on Homeless Children, episode 21 of the show 20/20
use the link in the column to the left, Teens in Trouble, From Happy to Homeless, on the left to find the show
The show is about 4 homeless adolescents: George, age 15, who spent time living in a tree in a park in San Francisco after becoming homeless; Rebecca, 17, who eventually moved in with a 59 year old man after becoming homeless; Dakota, 16 who became homeless when her mother drove away and left her; and David/June, 13, who has a home that is “unsafe” for her and who spends time on the streets.
The full version is available in the WCC library data base – Films on Demand. When you click on the link it will ask you to sign in using your id and password (that you use to log on blackboard), then it will take you to the video.
For this assignment you are to pick one of the individuals (EITHER GEORGE, REBECCA, DAKOTA OR DAVID/JUNE) to focus on and use materials from the 3 chapters on adolescence ( 6, 7, 8 ) to discuss his/her situation.
You need to write a 3-5 page paper and post it to the assignment dropbox found in the column to the left
In your double spaced paper (must be in microsoft word or saved as html or i wont be able to open and read!!)
1.describe/discuss what you see as the main details of his/her situation
2. Use material from Chap. 6 to discuss issues of biological development . At this stage in the persons life what are his/her strengths and stressors related to the biological dimension? (for ex., does what you read about brain development help explain what you see? Any parallels with material on adolescent health and substance abuse? What about issues of sexual activity and STIs/STDs?). You must use at least 3 different concepts (minimum – see grading rubric for requirements for full credit) from the chapter and mention specific material from the text in making connections to what you believe is going on with the individual (see rubric that shows min and max requirements). Do not say the material doesnt apply; the purpose is to explore the material ( discuss the concepts) and then discuss the “fit” with the individual. If you feel it doesnt apply you must discuss it and then show why you feel it doesnt apply.
3. Use material from the Chapters to discuss issues of psychological development. Discuss the stages of psychosexual development (Freud) the individual is in and be sure to discuss what evidence you see to support this. Also discuss the tasks associated with the development stage (Erikson’s stages of psychosocial stages of development) the individual is in. How do you see the individual struggling with the tasks? what do you see is the situation the adolescent finds him/herself in. If “people get to know themselves during adolescence,” what has the adolescent you are focusing on learned about him/herself?
.4. Use material from Chap. 8 to discuss issues of social developmentt. At this stage of the individuals life, what are his/her strengths and stressors related to the social dimension. For example, Is the individual moving “from dependence to independence?” Explain. Were there any power struggles? peer groups/influence? Does any of the material on homelessness apply to what you learned about the individual? again make sure to address the material from the chapter fully (see grading rubric)
Do you think s/he is suffering from any emotional and/or behavioral problems? Explain.
Again, do not say the material doesnt apply; the purpose is to explore the material and then discuss the “fit” with the individual.
5 .At this stage of the individual’s life what are his/her strengths and stressors related to his psychological dimension? Make sure to discuss at least one of the challenges the text mentions in terms of the individual (i.e. teen sexuality, STDs, gay adolescents, suicide etc. for example, do you think anyone else is at risk based on what you read of the material (hint think about stress and the factors that are related to experiencing increased stress? is the person suffering from any emotional and/or behavioral problems?) explain. Do not say the material doesnt apply; the purpose is to explore the material and then discuss the “fit” with the individual.
6. find at least one article (minimum requirement – see grading rubric for requirements for full credit) that you think helps expand your discussion of either biological, social or psychological strengths and stressors. what did you learn from this article that helps inform an understanding of his/her situation?
7. What did you learn from thinking about the individual’s experience that you think its important for you to know as a future human service professional (i.e. teacher, chemical dependency counselor, social worker, nurse …)? What do you think should be done about this?? Or if you are not planning on becoming a human service professional, do you think society has a responsibility to do something about homeless among adolescents? If so, what needs to be done. If no,t why not.
8. Grammar and writing are important. This is a paper. Part of your grade will be based on your ability to communicate clearly. If this is not a strength of yours, start right away and seek help from the college writing center or the online writing tutor.
As always, copying material without citation is plagiarism and is grounds for receiving a 0 in the assignment or failing the course. Please note: YOU MUST APPLY MATERIAL FROM EACH OF THE REQUIRED CHAPTERS OR YOU WILL LOOSE POINTS. SKIPPING A PART OF THE ASSIGNMENT OUTLINED ABOVE MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO EARN A PASSING GRADE. DO NOT SAY THAT NO MATERIAL APP
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.