Write an 8-10 page research-based argument to support your position on some aspect of a topic of your choice, i.e., a topic that is open to debate and about which not every rational person agrees. Your argument should ultimately be a policy claim, i.e., a claim about what you think should be done with respect to some situation. In supporting policy claims, writers usually need to also make claims of fact and/or claims of value, which, in turn, must be supported with evidence.
• Argue effectively for one side of a topic to a specific audience.
• Use different types of arguments, different types of appeals, and different kinds of evidence to support your claims.
• Learn why and how to include counterarguments to increase your credibility.
• Use credible sources to support the arguments that you make.
• Use a correct documentation style to cite and format.
1. You are required to provide arguments to support a side of a controversial topic of your choice. You must use different types of arguments as well as a mixture of the appeals and supporting evidence to support your claims.
2. In addition to any other type of supporting information you use (examples, hypothetical situations, etc.) you must also use a minimum of 8 credible sources that have expert knowledge on the topic. You will use a combination of summary, paraphrase, and quotation from your sources to fully convince readers, but no more than 10% of the essay should be direct quotes.
3. You may use visuals, if they specifically enhance the understanding of the topic (so no gratuitous clip art). As with any source that you use, visuals must be properly cited.
4. You may also use your own background knowledge, if applicable. Anecdotes can be quite powerful in helping readers see the subject through your eyes, but make sure not to rely on them too heavily.
5. Write in a voice, tone, and style that is suitable for the genre, purpose, and audience of the essay.
6. This essay, as well as all formal essays, is required to be formatted and cited in a specific documentation style of your choice (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.). Please make sure that you have a current handbook as a guide and see me if you have any questions about this.
In addition to the English Department grading guidelines that can be found in the syllabus, you will receive a specific rubric for the assignment that breaks the evaluation down into several categories: Responsiveness, Thesis/Purpose, Organization/Unity, Support/Development, and Presentation. The activities and discussions that we do and have in class will specifically help you in each of these areas.
• Choose a topic that is debatable and has at least two viable sides, each with credible sources to support it.
• Read several sources on that topic and choose the ones that you feel are a) the most credible on the subject and b) that will help make your arguments more convincing to your readers.
• Decide what additional information you want to include to bolster the strength of your arguments, such as examples and hypothetical situations.
• Outline your essay:
o Intro with a strong thesis
o Body that lays out your arguments and counterarguments
o Conclusion that reemphasizes the main points
• Write the first draft.
• Peer review the draft and then revise it accordingly
• Proofread for surface level errors as well to make sure that the formatting and documentation is correct.
• Turn in the final draft electronically on Blackboard in a Word or rich text file.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.